[Opensim-users] FreeBSD OS 0.7.3 - OpenJpeg and libopenjpeg-dotnet errors

Gudule Lapointe gudule at spekuloos.be
Mon Mar 5 14:30:22 UTC 2012

Sorry, I was not clear about that: my installation is working fine now, the problem is not there.
I didn't underline it correctly, but the main reason of my post is this:
	- I found lot of contradictory information which seemed related to same bug
	- Most of this information was outdated (including everything found on opensim wiki)
	- Messages in OpenSim.log were misleading
	- It took me several days (I mean it!) of test and fail to figure the real solution

So, I think it sounds important to me to update
	- at least, the documentation on wiki
	- if possible, core installation, or at least opensim-libs

And I ask for help/information/advice before doing anything myself, for this main reason:
	- I am missing a couple of line code to be sure this patch applies only to FreeBSD and doesn't break other installations

And about the solution, as detailed in Mantis, I confirm trying to install or upgrade glibc is a no-go (*)
the fix is
		- downloading opensim-libs
		- patching and install patched version of openjpeg-mono
		- patching OpenMetaverse.dll.config

(*) We often forget that FreeBSD is not Linux. It has its own implementation of glibc.

--
http://www.speculoos.net/
secondlife://speculoos.net:8002/