[Opensim-users] login problems with 2/3 viewers

nikos nikoskons at gmail.com
Mon Jul 9 22:20:27 UTC 2012

Hi everyone,

I want to login in my standalone server using 2/3 viewers. I tried a lot of
them(Firestorm, singularity,Kokua 3.3.3 etc.) using the
 -loginuri:http//myip:9000/ in the properties of viewer's shortcut without
success. I always get "Despite our best efforts ..." message.
With kokua I tried also doing copy paste myip:9000 in grid selector (after
Ctrl+Shift+g) with the same results.
I have noticed that in my grids.user.xml a new entry is created when I am
adding the command -loginuri but there is a point which indicates localhost

<key>myip:9000</key>
        <map>
        <key>LastModified</key>
            <date>2012-07-09T05:47:39.04Z</date>
        <key>gridname</key>
            <string>the lost continent of hippo</string>
        <key>gridnick</key>
            <string>hippogrid</string>
        <key>login_identifier_types</key>
            <array>
                <string>agent</string>
                <string>account</string>
            </array>
        <key>loginpage</key>
            <undef />
        *<key>loginuri</key>
            <array>
                <string>http://127.0.0.1:9000/</string>
            </array>*
        <key>name</key>
            <string>myip:9000</string>
        <key>slurl_base</key>
            <string>https://myip:9000/region/</string>
        </map>
When I change the 127.0.0.1 to my IP I can login. But I would like to
simplify the procedure in order to let my students to setup the viewer in
their pc's without to have to change grids.user.xml file

Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Nikos