[Opensim-users] HELP - hosting from my home

M.E. Verhagen marceled9 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 21:02:41 UTC 2011

Omg dmz, that is one of the do not do that things ....

Start small, make one of the pc a sandbox and install the opensim and
a wamp system and get that running, after you got that oki you could
go on.

I do not think a gaming pc is ideal, but it can work.

Designate one as a database server, one as a script server c.q. Apache
and one other to host the regions.

Splitting up the database and the regions have given a good
performance on dedicated servers.