[Opensim-users] HELP - hosting from my home

Robert Martin robertltux at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 18:20:29 UTC 2011

On Tue, Sep 13, 2011 at 2:06 PM, Drew Hart <drewehart at gmail.com> wrote:
> My questions, I think though this is new, lie more in how I point the domain
> name to my home (by changing the A record I assume) and then how do I tell
> my home network to go to a specific dedicated computer, or will it know
> that.  Those types of things.

not a network type person (yet) but yes you would need to edit the DNS
record for your domain to point to your ip address. As far as pointing
to a particular computer i think the simplest thing to do is to make
sure that that computer is locked down correctly and then set that
computer up as a DMZ node in your router. The biggest issue is this
would of course mean that that computer is ON THE PUBLIC SIDE OF YOUR
ROUTERS FIREWALL.

--
Robert L Martin