[Opensim-users] HELP - hosting from my home

Drew Hart drewehart at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 18:06:19 UTC 2011

I plan to host an opengrid, free, as a way for me to learn more about
opensim.  Since I won't be publishing it or pushing it, I would imagine a
small amount of users, while open, it would be friends, people from school,
perhaps at most 20 people at one time (if my class at grad school does a
virtual meeting).  I would like to use grid mode.  I am working on setting
up opensim on one of my computers, I think I am okay there.  My questions, I
think though this is new, lie more in how I point the domain name to my home
(by changing the A record I assume) and then how do I tell my home network
to go to a specific dedicated computer, or will it know that.  Those types
of things.