[Opensim-users] HELP - hosting from my home

Fleep Tuque fleep513 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 17:53:25 UTC 2011

Hi Drew,

A little more information about your project might be helpful so we can
point you in the right direction.

What use cases do you envision for your Opensim installation?
Is this to be a private research grid for yourself and a few people or are
you planning to host land for others?
What's the maximum concurrency you would want to support on a single sim or
grid wide?
Do you already know if you want to do a standalone setup or a grid-mode
(ROBUST) setup?

Be sure to check the notes for the OS you plan to use at
http://opensimulator.org/wiki/Dependencies

And of course the installation instructions on the wiki will help walk you
through the installation and configuration process
http://opensimulator.org/wiki/Configuration

Hope that's a good start!

- Chris/Fleep

Chris M. Collins (SL: Fleep Tuque)
Project Manager, UC Second Life
Second Life Ambassador, Ohio Learning Network
UCit Instructional & Research Computing
University of Cincinnati
406E Zimmer Hall
PO Box 210088