[Opensim-users] ToS and HG

Sarge Misfit fubat.enterprises at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 17:32:54 UTC 2011

Location, or jurisdiction actually, is definitely a big factor. From
what I have seen is that it is the location of the grid's "official"
headquarters that is the deciding factor. However, every ToS that I
have seen also specifically states the jurisdiction, so it may be that
I would have to include that as a requirement. I had planned to
anyway, but its a good idea to raise that issue to, for the benefit of
others. I don't think its about how strict a law is. Having worked as
a researcher in a law office (quite some time ago), I can tell you
that this is pretty new ground, so we may be developing precedent
here.

 I just don't want to be the chum that gets tossed into the pool :-)
But I also don't want to end up with some overly long legalistic ToS,
either. I want to develop one that is in plain language and easy to
understand. In fact, I am using SL's ToS as an example of what NOT to
do *chuckles*