[Opensim-users] ToS and HG

Sarge Misfit fubat.enterprises at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 16:24:08 UTC 2011

Doesn't HG already land a person at 128, 128, ground?

The reason I'm asking about this is that I am planning on making my
stand-alone public and having a good ToS in place is important. I
don't want to end up setting up a visitor as violating anything. Other
recent discussions have raised this issue, mostly about avatars, but
also the very important issue of intellectual property protection.

For example, the DMCA applies to US-based grids, but I'm Canadian, so
my ToS should include something about Canadian IP protection law
having jurisdiction. I think.

I'm curious about how others have handled this. And what to NOT do.

Perhaps an arrival centre and the only way to exit out to the grid is
to click on something to signify having read and agreed?