[Opensim-users] Upload images larger than 1024x1024?

Fleep Tuque fleep513 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 23 13:04:46 UTC 2011

Thanks all for the suggestions and feedback.  I didn't find a way to
increase the upload size through the client or in any config options in
opensim even with more intense google searching, so I went the image slicing
route.  I hadn't used that tool in Photoshop before, so  thanks for the
tutorial link!  Definitely made the whole thing easier, at least.

I understand why 1024 is a reasonable default for most use cases, but there
are definitely times when the ability to upload a larger texture could be
useful.  If it's a viewer hard limit, I'd love to see the option to change
it somewhere but I guess that would go to one of the viewer team's mailing
lists.  :)

- Chris/Fleep

Chris M. Collins (SL: Fleep Tuque)
Project Manager, UC Second Life