[Opensim-users] Upload images larger than 1024x1024?

Neil Canham neil at knowsense.co.uk
Sat Oct 22 19:23:11 UTC 2011

I seem to remember that MOAP supports 2048x2048, so one way might be to put
the image on a web server and use a web texture.  There is no way I know to
get bigger textures actually into the asset system.

Neil

On Saturday, October 22, 2011, Fleep Tuque <fleep513 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Yeah that's my backup plan, but a real pain to implement - seems like
there should be a setting/option somewhere to allow larger uploads - I'm
well aware it would take much longer to rez and for most things 1024x1024 is
fine, but I'd like the option to upload larger resolution files when
appropriate without having to do all the math/alignment to chop it up on
multiple prims.

opensim-users-bounces at lists.berlios.de] on behalf of Fleep Tuque [
fleep513 at gmail.com]
>> Sent: 22 October 2011 18:11
>> To: opensim-users at lists.berlios.de
>> Subject: [Opensim-users] Upload images larger than 1024x1024?
>>
>> I'm not sure if this is an Imprudence question or an Opensim question and
some brief googling didn't provide an answer either.
>> Is it possible to upload an image larger than 1024x1024?  I have a large
texture that needs to be higher resolution so the text is readable but when
I try to upload (with Imp) it gives me a 1024x1024.