[Opensim-users] Sound Scripting.

InuYasha Meiji inuyasha.meiji at gmail.com
Tue May 17 23:23:31 UTC 2011

One comment before I start on the topic...  I still can't get groups to
work, seems it writes to the database but can't read to see what groups
a person belongs to on logon, I get errors.  Now for the topic.

I have been using llSetSoundQueueing(TRUE); in conjunction with
llPreloadSound(namesong+nextsong+lastsong); to use several 10 second
sounds to make a nice one min length of forest sounds play during the
day, then when night is detected it plays six different sounds for a min
till it loops again.

In opensim it fails because OS tells me the scripting commands don't
exist.  Are those commands eventually coming to us, or is there another
way to do this in opensim?

Anyone know of examples that can play uploaded wav files without ruining
the ambiance I am trying to create here with pauses between soft forest
sounds?

InuYasha...

Opensim User: Standalone Grid on Version 0.7.1 rc2 and 49 Regions
On Windows 7, 64-bit. Quad Core With a Terrabyte Drive, and 8gig
Used XAMPP to load PHP Version 5.3.0, and MySQL 5.1.41-community