[Opensim-users] Turning gravity on for one object

Mike Chase mike.chase at alternatemetaverse.com
Tue May 17 16:53:10 UTC 2011

On Tue, 2011-05-17 at 15:19 +0100, Simon Slavin wrote:
> Most of my stuff I want to remain where it is, even if that's in air.  But there's something I want to get knocked around when things knock into it, and I want gravity to effect it.  So I look at
>
> Built dialog
> Features tab
> Flexible path
>
> but the tickbox is dimmed: I can't tick it.  Why not ?
>
> I can tick the 'Light' one below it and that operates as expected.

I've already replied to a seperate message about this.  Flexi's are client side
while physics (such as it is in OpenSIM) is managed in the simulator.  This is consistent
with SL which operates the same way. And as long as we're dependant on
an SL viewer I expect it will stay that way.

The Lightsource prim attribute works because its not tied into physics
in any way. A physical object can still give off light.

Mike