[Opensim-users] Easel, canvas and imported images

Vanish Seriath vanish.tomorrow at googlemail.com
Thu May 12 13:40:15 UTC 2011

I'm not sure I completely understand the question. Still: Textures will be
mapped onto the faces of a prim. How many faces it has depe ds on the type
of prim. By default, the texture will be stretched to cover the whole face,
yoe can set repeats and offset so only part of it covers the face, or so
that multiples of it do. Planar mapping is a different kind of mapping,
which will, unlike the default mapping, not be affected by prim twists and
taper.

On 12 May 2011 12:03, "Simon Slavin" <s.slavin at lancaster.ac.uk> wrote:

On 10 May 2011, at 4:56pm, Vanish Seriath wrote:

> Your images will automatically be resized to th...
Thanks for that useful information, Vanish.

So I have standardised my source image files to a fixed resolution of 512 x
512 points for testing.  How does OpenSim map that to the object I'm
displaying on ?  Ah, I see I can change the texture mapping from 'Default'
to 'planar', which gives me some sort of native resolution.  Does anyone
understand what those settings do to the size ?  Is it using a particular
fixed size for pixels ?

Simon
--
Simon Slavin                               Fylde Building Room C11
Computing Development Officer              01524 65201 x 93569