[Opensim-users] Easel, canvas and imported images

Simon Slavin s.slavin at lancaster.ac.uk
Thu May 12 10:03:03 UTC 2011

On 10 May 2011, at 4:56pm, Vanish Seriath wrote:

> Your images will automatically be resized to the closest magnitude of 2 on each side; that's why I usually already make my textures in a compatible size, mostly 512x512.

Thanks for that useful information, Vanish.

So I have standardised my source image files to a fixed resolution of 512 x 512 points for testing.  How does OpenSim map that to the object I'm displaying on ?  Ah, I see I can change the texture mapping from 'Default' to 'planar', which gives me some sort of native resolution.  Does anyone understand what those settings do to the size ?  Is it using a particular fixed size for pixels ?

Simon
--
Simon Slavin                               Fylde Building Room C11
Computing Development Officer              01524 65201 x 93569