[Opensim-users] Opensim-users Digest, Vol 45, Issue 17

Justin Clark-Casey jjustincc at googlemail.com
Wed May 11 02:27:21 UTC 2011

On 10/05/11 08:08, Ai Austin wrote:
> At 03:53 10/05/2011, Diva wrote:
>> It compiles. I don't know if it works, I was never able to make
>> Freeswitch work myself. The refactoring shouldn't have changed anything
>> in its functioning -- I didn't touch the optional modules.
>
> Thanks. I did have a new style of pop up error in the Viewer (SL 2.5.3) with 0.7.2 dev master, which went away when I
> reverted to a working 0.7.1 setup... but I have not repeated that to track down what might be happening. Will do so when
> I get chance. On first sight it may be that FreeSwitch is not working though in 0.7.2. dev master now. To be confirmed.
> Anyone else definitely working with FreeSwicth on latest 0.7.2 dev?

I think following bleeding edge SL viewer 2 releases is always going to be a problem.  With third party viewers now
slowly starting to adopt viewer 2 features, it might be worth starting to think about using those for more stability,
particularly those which explicitly target OpenSim.

> Would you expect the optional modules like Flotsam groups, offline IM to work without any issues too? Just so I know if
> its worth moving now for Openvue Grid to a trial 0.7.2 dev master setup or waiting a while

The FreeSWITCH problem needs investigation, but stuff like flotsam groups and offline IM should continue to work.

> At 03:53 10/05/2011, Diva wrote wrote:
>> If wifi-0.7.1 runs on 0.7.2-dev, it's pure coincidence! It will break
>> eventually. Here's how .NET works:
>> If ppl want to use Wifi with current master head, best shot is to
>> compile it against that code base....
>
> Got it - thanks Diva. I had been using source code compiles of Wifi against 0.7.1 dev master for a while, before moving
> to 0.7.1 release, so understand the process should I eed that when I move on to 0.7.2.

Justin Clark-Casey (justincc)
http://justincc.org/blog
http://twitter.com/justincc