[Opensim-users] Opensim-users Digest, Vol 43, Issue 20

Justin Clark-Casey jjustincc at googlemail.com
Tue Mar 15 22:30:28 UTC 2011

I would make sure you can get things working in local standalone first - it's a lot simpler.

If you can get that working but continue to have problems getting your regions online with osgrid then I would suggest
trying the osgrid support channels.

On 15/03/11 13:06, Garrett Lynch wrote:
> Hi
>
> Yes I thought the ; was strange, the reason I was confused was because I was using the opensim.ini.example file changed
> to opensim.ini (following step 6 here http://miscellanea.com/osx-opensim-local-sandbox/). Everything in that ini seems
> to be commented out. Anyway I've gone back to the normal ini and it worked like a charm. My region has made and as a
> bonus is online in osgrid (local would have been good start to start off). Region is called asquare, I've logged in via
> Imprudence but I can't teleport to the region it times out and when I teleport to the region next door and try to cross
> over it says "cannot cross region into banned parcel" - something I'm doing wrong?
>
> thanks in advance.
>
> Garrett
>

> On 15 Mar 2011, at 11:00, opensim-users-request at lists.berlios.de <mailto:opensim-users-request at lists.berlios.de> wrote:
>
>> The top of the log files tells you which ini files are being loaded and which it couldn't find. From below
>>
>> 19:19:24 - [CONFIG]: Reading configuration file /Users/Garrett/opensim/bin/OpenSimDefaults.ini
>> 19:19:24 - [CONFIG]: Reading configuration file /Users/Garrett/opensim/bin/OpenSim.ini
>>
>> so no StandaloneCommon.ini was loaded.
>>
>> Actually, uncommented lines have no ; at all, so maybe that's your problem. Go and delete all of those from the
>> standalone line.

Justin Clark-Casey (justincc)
http://justincc.org/blog
http://twitter.com/justincc