[Opensim-users] NPC module?

Juliana Dutra kila01 at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 17 04:35:35 UTC 2010

On Opensim.ini add to xengine section

[XEngine]
AllowOSFunctions = true
Allow_osNpcCreate = UUID (your uuid)

________________________________
From: Justin Clark-Casey <jjustincc at googlemail.com>
To: opensim-users at lists.berlios.de
Sent: Thu, September 16, 2010 5:47:57 PM
Subject: Re: [Opensim-users] NPC module?

On 16/09/10 23:23, bodzette Coignet wrote:
> Hi Justin:
> On your blog you have a post "passing data between a script and a region
> module with modSendCommand()"
>
> Is that more or less how I would go about testing whether I can invoke
> this code?

No, you would invoke the npc via normal script commands with an os prefix, e.g.

default
{
     touch_start(integer total_number)
     {
         key cloneKey = osNpcCreate("Scary", "Clone", <134, 194, 43>,
llDetectedKey(0));
     }
}

There's no real documentation of these apart from the code (in OSSL_Api.cs).
However, they are the last four in the list at

http://www.scengine.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=10:opensim-api-functions&catid=6:os-api-functions&Itemid=14

It also looks like someone else already tried them without success.  Which leads
me to suspect that they no longer work.

http://www.osgrid.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2699

Remember, you will need to enable OSSL functions at a High threat level.
Information on how to do this should be

available via Google.