[Opensim-users] NPC module?

bodzette Coignet bodzettecoignet at gmail.com
Thu Sep 16 20:13:15 UTC 2010

Hi Diva,

Thanks for chipping in to the conversation.
I'm willing to take on the job of hacking out a bot that can do the
following: Follow a set of  scripted/programmed instructions which
effectively calls a list of functions making the bot stand, walk, sit, turn,
talk, do an animation or sit on a specfied poseball etc

My problem which I keep repeating is that though I could code up more than
the stubs as currently exist in the code I don't know the details of how to
get the NPCModule working! i.e. I can see that the module is there and can
read the code but at runtime I can't get anything to happen and don't know
how to. Being able to test that what I'm doing works is chicken and egg
critical to getting going.

If I can get some pointers on that them I'm more than delighted to share my
efforts as opensource. Once I have gotten the ball rolling I suspect that
others will chip in their efforts and this module will take on a life of
it's own, but I just need to be able to get started and there's absolutely
NOTHING out there telling you how to do it.