[Opensim-users] viewer with minimal streaming delay

Paul Fishwick fishwick at cise.ufl.edu
Wed Oct 20 04:45:24 UTC 2010

  We have a project where actions initiated in OpenSim create a signal
which goes out to modulate a real-time sound synthesis engine, whose
output gets fed back into the OpenSim viewer. Unfortunately, there
is usually a 3-5 second delay between the action and hearing the
result. Presumably, this delay is due to buffering, probably by the
client viewer since we've tested the other parts of the loop. This leads
to the question of whether anyone knows of an OpenSim world
viewer where one can fine-tune the buffer size for streaming audio?
For the stock LL viewer, I cannot find any debug options to allow
this tweak.
-p

--
Paul Fishwick, PhD
Professor and Director, Digital Arts and Sciences
Email: fishwick at cise.ufl.edu
Web: http://www.cise.ufl.edu/~fishwick
Blog: http://www.representationz.com