[Opensim-users] are there better landscaping tools?

Serendipity Seraph sseraph at me.com
Tue Oct 12 20:58:20 UTC 2010

On Oct 12, 2010, at 5:45 AM, Teravus Ovares wrote:

> I generally don't have an issue in 1x viewers when working with terrain.  I have not tried doing a complex terrain setup with 2x viewers yet.

This is a 1x viewer issue, I should have mentioned.  Also I am working in the middle of the root region of a 3x3 mega-region.  I have seen it on every viewer when attempting to do this task in OpenSim (mainly diva distributions).  Have you tried this type of task?

> The only thing that I've found is be careful around the edges.    The edges can sometimes cause an edge case that makes the terrain spiky.

I presume you mean edge of region?

> There's also the L3DT and TerraGen if you save with the right settings. (http://opensimulator.org/wiki/Using_L3DT)

Can that handle megaregions?  Will play with it and find out.  Thanks for the tip.

- seren