[Opensim-users] Voice a key issue for educators migration from SL to OS

Toni Alatalo antont at kyperjokki.fi
Tue Oct 5 12:54:22 UTC 2010

On ti, 2010-10-05 at 12:47 +0100, Ai Austin wrote:
> not a good enough quality replacement  yet in OS I think.  Mumble is
> coming along but we have not yet tested that to see if it meets the
> sort of typical educational collaboration and meetings voice needs.

Some Dutch folks tested Mumble for voice quality early this year, they
had quite hard requirements 'cause were evaluating options for language
education (and considering realXtend), and AFAIK found it adequate.
Dunno if they have actually started using it since or what happened.

For my ears Skype has still sounded still better, but Mumble pretty good
too .. just when have used it in meetings etc., haven't done proper
evaluations myself.

~Toni