[Opensim-users] Voice a key issue for educators migration from SL to OS

Ai Austin ai.ai.austin at gmail.com
Tue Oct 5 11:47:33 UTC 2010

The one issue I would identify as a key one that needs improvement in
Opensim to allow educators to move their work onto Opensim is to
ensure we get a really good quality and reasonably scalable voice
solution.  Vivox does work very well in Second Life.  Freeswitch is
not a good enough quality replacement  yet in OS I think.  Mumble is
coming along but we have not yet tested that to see if it meets the
sort of typical educational collaboration and meetings voice needs.