[Opensim-users] Opensim-users Digest, Vol 39, Issue 26

Adam Farrugia uqafarru at fdn.uq.edu.au
Tue Nov 16 01:52:17 UTC 2010

Thanks for that Justin (do you ever sleep?)- I noticed you'd made a recent commit to git for this. I hadn't checked there in ages because the flotsam-based code that comes in the modlos block for moodle just worked so I stuck with that, plus the fact that nobody seemed to be actively maintaining the git-hosted code since Sept. last year.

I'm migrating to a Windows-hosted grid this week so I'll try it with your new and improved xmlrpc.php :)
I'll at the very least verify whether the "current" installation instructions are still valid as is and report back- hopefully at the same time as others who are now getting some success.

Rgds,
Adam Farrugia

Digest, Vol 39, Issue 21

Unfortunately, in OpenSim 0.7.0.1 and 0.7.0.2, the Flotsam groups code in OpenSim was broken.

I discovered this after 0.7.0.2 and fixed it (in commit b1ab3ea on Friday 17th September in OpenSim Master).  I also made some fixes on the PHP side - unfortunately mcortez hasn't had time to maintain it and I don't either but it should be working at the moment.

I was rather surprised that nobody had discovered this problem before I did - possibly most people were sticking with
0.6.9 at that time.

I also backported the fix to the 0.7-post-fixes git branch.

There are some installation instructions at http://code.google.com/p/flotsam/wiki/XmlRpcGroups but I'm not sure how up to date they are.  Things aren't helped by the fact that the instructions in OpenSim.ini.example are currently mangled in OpenSim git master.

OpenSim 0.6.9 should be working fine with groups.