[Opensim-users] Opensim-users Digest, Vol 39, Issue 26

Justin Clark-Casey jjustincc at googlemail.com
Wed Nov 17 02:57:34 UTC 2010

On 16/11/10 01:52, Adam Farrugia wrote:
> Thanks for that Justin (do you ever sleep?)- I noticed you'd made a recent commit to git for this. I hadn't checked there in ages because the flotsam-based code that comes in the modlos block for moodle just worked so I stuck with that, plus the fact that nobody seemed to be actively maintaining the git-hosted code since Sept. last year.

Oh believe me, I sleep - I'm just permanently lagged (not even by jet).

You're right about it not being maintained - the creator (mcortez) is busy with other things.  However, I needed it for
my own purposes when I upgraded so I made various fixes.  But I'm desperately trying not to become the maintainer since
I just don't have the time :)

I was very surprised to find it broken, tbh - it shows how few people had upgraded past 0.6.9.

> I'm migrating to a Windows-hosted grid this week so I'll try it with your new and improved xmlrpc.php :)
> I'll at the very least verify whether the "current" installation instructions are still valid as is and report back- hopefully at the same time as others who are now getting some success.

Yeah, please do report back.  If there are obvious problems I might get time to fix them.  Actually, the best place for
bug reports might be http://code.google.com/p/flotsam/issues/list rather than here or in the opensim mantis.

> Rgds,
> Adam Farrugia
>

> Digest, Vol 39, Issue 21
>
> Unfortunately, in OpenSim 0.7.0.1 and 0.7.0.2, the Flotsam groups code in OpenSim was broken.
>
> I discovered this after 0.7.0.2 and fixed it (in commit b1ab3ea on Friday 17th September in OpenSim Master).  I also made some fixes on the PHP side - unfortunately mcortez hasn't had time to maintain it and I don't either but it should be working at the moment.
>
> I was rather surprised that nobody had discovered this problem before I did - possibly most people were sticking with
> 0.6.9 at that time.
>
> I also backported the fix to the 0.7-post-fixes git branch.
>
> There are some installation instructions at http://code.google.com/p/flotsam/wiki/XmlRpcGroups but I'm not sure how up to date they are.  Things aren't helped by the fact that the instructions in OpenSim.ini.example are currently mangled in OpenSim git master.
>
> OpenSim 0.6.9 should be working fine with groups.

Justin Clark-Casey (justincc)
http://justincc.org
http://twitter.com/justincc