[Opensim-users] Building and sharing lists of Hypergrid Addresses

drwhiet at spacefriends.de drwhiet at spacefriends.de
Thu Nov 11 11:17:19 UTC 2010

To add more information (confusion) next to the great idea
of TheHypergates by Kidd Pikko there is another good HG project

The GridHop.Net -> http://www.gridhop.net/cgi/gridhop
The idea there is (as you can see by the small fine website)
that this website can/should be opened within the Viewers browser window.

mayby you should team up with them (or they team up with you)

personally i like the HyperGate approach as this is a good way,
as HG enbaled sims rezz the gate and get registered in the Database.
Only backside on the Hypergates is imho that the usability is restricted
as they currently use the llDialog function and there are not all HG
enabled Grids and Sim are shown. in the current version they try to use
categories to better sort the information

Some other HG projects:

http://hypernodes.org/   (have not used it so far)
and Hyperica ... http://www.hyperica.com/
also there are (with mayby older and/or outdated infos) on the
opensim wiki ..
http://opensimulator.org/wiki/Public_Hypergrid_Nodes

best regards
Wordfromthe Wise