[Opensim-users] Converting the Carnegie Mellon Animations?

Karen Palen karenpalensl at gmail.com
Mon Mar 8 16:19:47 UTC 2010

There is a Poser compatible conversion which seems to work better:

http://www.cgspeed.com/2008/09/poser-friendly-conversion-of-cmu-bvh.html

"Mike Sutton of mojodallas.com <http://www.mojodallas.com/> has taken the
BVH conversion release of the Carnegie-Mellon motion capture dataset and run
it through his own set of scripts to make it more feasible to use the
motions in Poser. You can find the main page that describes his conversion
work and the download links at
mojodallas.blogspot.com<http://mojodallas.blogspot.com/2008/09/converting-carnegie-mellon-university.html>.
The files are presently posted at
sharecg.com<http://www.sharecg.com/pf/full_uploads.php?pf_user_name=mojodallas>.
"

OpenSim avatars are based on the Poser human models.

I have to agree that they all seem to be a variation on a simple mided theme
though and will need more work to actually use in a sim.

Karen