[Opensim-users] Converting the Carnegie Mellon Animations?

Chris Hart Chris at codetorque.co.uk
Mon Mar 8 13:45:26 UTC 2010

I think I tried these before - it's important to note that to
successfully import to SL or OpenSim you only have certain joints to
animate, so fingers and toes, for example, won't animate. I think the
presence of animation information for extra joints may cause an import
to fail, so I would try importing to a tool like QAvimator or Animeeple
if a plain import to the grid doesn't work.

If these are the same ones that were posted around this list a couple of
months ago I did manage to get them into Daz studio and export with just
the SL-compatible joint set, BUT even though I managed to import some to
OpenSim, all the animations seemed to be a variation on a zombie dance -
not sure the conversion worked as planned! Fingers crossed someone else
has better luck J

Chris