[Opensim-users] Converting the Carnegie Mellon Animations?

Fish Kungfu fish.kungfu at gmail.com
Mon Mar 8 12:36:38 UTC 2010

Robert...

That's a great find!  since they are already .bvh files they don't need
converting.  They just need to be uploaded as an Animation.  **BUT**, I just
tried to upload one to Second Life and got the error message that animation
files must not be larger than 60K.  A quick scan of the first set of .bvh
files from the link you provided shows most of these files are at least
hundreds of kilobytes large.  Maybe they can be opened with something like
Avimator and edited down.  Or, as far as OpenSim goes, maybe there is a
config setting to allow larger Animation uploads.  Again, I haven't tried
uploading to my OpenSim yet.  Mine's down this morning.  Hopefully someone
else can try.

Cheers!
~~Fish~~

On Sun, Mar 7, 2010 at 10:23 PM, Robert Klein <rtkwebman at gmail.com> wrote:

> Was anybody successful at converting these animations so we can use them in
> OpenSim? Seems like over 2500 animations would be worth the effort.
>

> http://sites.google.com/a/cgspeed.com/cgspeed/motion-capture/3dsmax-friendly-release-of-cmu-motion-database
>
> -Robert