[Opensim-users] Hypergrid 1.5 jumps over 6K reproducible

Diva Canto diva at metaverseink.com
Wed Jun 30 09:21:25 UTC 2010

Clarification:

The 4096-limit bug has nothing to do with the Hypergrid. You bump into
this same limitation by having two regions on the same grid that are
separated by more than 4096 map cells in either axis. So, for testing if
viewers have fixed this or not, simply have two regions, one at
1000,1000 and the other at, say 7000,7000. If you can TP between the 2,
and things look normal upon arrival, then the bug is fixed in that
viewer. Let me know when that happens.

The reason why this bug got highlighted in HG TPs is that in the HG
people don't have any control over the absolute coordinates where other
grids place the regions; specifically, OSGrid is placed around 10,000
whereas standalones, by default, are placed around 1000.(Whereas within
one grid operators usually place the regions very close, and those long
jumps simply don't exist.) In order to avoid a series of issue reports
of the kind "TPs not working in HG -- nothing rezzes upon arrival", I
added that check to prevent those long jumps in HG TPs.

As soon as someone confirms that viewers have fixed this, I will remove
the check in HG TPs.