[Opensim-users] Hypergrid 1.5 jumps over 6K reproducible

Bob Wellman bob.wellman at hotmail.co.uk
Tue Jun 29 14:55:39 UTC 2010

Diva

What we seem to have, with this 4096 jump issue, is an impasse. Some viewers actually put possible a fix into thier code for this some time ago, but were unable to test it because of the server side constraint. The server constraint wont be removed until at least one viewer has it working. So no testing/progress is possible.

Could I suggest that an opensim.ini setting be added so this constraint can be varied for viewer testing purposes. Something like below would seem good to me.

JumpDistanceLimit = 4096

This would allow most grid operators to keep their grids safe, whilst also allowing others to test viewer jump distance fixes.

PS. Its hard to find 2 regions that far apart in SL (easy in OS) so testing must happen in OS I think.