[Opensim-users] SYSTEMIP and a repeated UseCircuitCode

Marck marck00 at nexgo.de
Wed Jun 23 10:51:41 UTC 2010

FoTo50 wrote:
>   Am 23.06.2010 11:36, schrieb Marck:
>>
>> FoTo50 wrote:

>>> Hi Justin
>>>
>>> I tried that already, but this does not change the message (and
>>> setting):
>>>
>>> INFO - OpenSim.OpenSim [NETWORK]: Using xx.xx.xx.228 as SYSTEMIP
>>>
>>> But it should be xx.xx.xx.236 which is the first additional IP address
>>> at eth0 (btw. the OS is openSuSE 11.2 with Mono 2.4.2.3). It looks like
>>> somehow it just takes the basic IP from eth0 and this obviously causes a
>>> lack of comunication during the region handshake that results in a login
>>> failure.
>>>
>>> Greetings
>>> Georg
>>
>> Hi George,
>>
>> Did you actually do the following steps and still get the "Using
>> xx.xx.xx.228" message?
>>
>> 1) In RegionConfig.ini (or Regions.ini if OpenSim automatically
>> created the file), change the setting
>> ExternalHostName = SYSTEMIP
>> ExternalHostName = "xx.xx.xx.236"
>>
>> 2) Restart the region.
>>

> Hi Marck
>
> I tried it with and without "...", restarted the region(s) only or all 4
> services (currently grid mode, but also happened when testing
> standalone) - it doesnt make any change.
>
> But I'm also not sure if the error is to be located in the regions.ini.
> I currently load 17 regions, so the SYSTEMIP message should also turn up
> 17 times during startup, but it only shows once after all regions are
> loaded at the end of the startup process right after "INFO -
> OpenSim.OpenSim [!]STARTUP COMPLETE", so it should be some server wide
> setting somewhere ... or do I see that wrong?

Then I suspect that the settings in your RegionsConfig.ini are not the culprit. I also do not use "SYSTEMIP" in any of my region settings and still get that log message. I guess OpenSim is just telling you what address it *would* use, if you specified SYSTEMIP somewhere in your configuration.

Have you double-checked that all IP addresses in your other configuration files use the correct  address (e.g. in the [Network] section of OpenSim.ini)?