[Opensim-users] SYSTEMIP and a repeated UseCircuitCode

FoTo50 info at foto50.com
Wed Jun 23 10:21:37 UTC 2010

Am 23.06.2010 11:36, schrieb Marck:

> FoTo50 wrote:

>>> This setting is in the bin/Regions/Regions.ini file. You can set it
>>> directly to an IP address.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>>
>>> --
>>> Justin Clark-Casey (justincc)
>>> http://justincc.org
>>> http://twitter.com/justincc
>>
>> Hi Justin
>>
>> I tried that already, but this does not change the message (and
>> setting):
>>
>> INFO - OpenSim.OpenSim [NETWORK]: Using xx.xx.xx.228 as SYSTEMIP
>>
>> But it should be xx.xx.xx.236 which is the first additional IP address
>> at eth0 (btw. the OS is openSuSE 11.2 with Mono 2.4.2.3). It looks like
>> somehow it just takes the basic IP from eth0 and this obviously causes a
>> lack of comunication during the region handshake that results in a login
>> failure.
>>
>> Greetings
>> Georg
>
> Hi George,
>
> Did you actually do the following steps and still get the "Using
> xx.xx.xx.228" message?
>
> 1) In RegionConfig.ini (or Regions.ini if OpenSim automatically
> created the file), change the setting
>     ExternalHostName = SYSTEMIP
>     ExternalHostName = "xx.xx.xx.236"
>
> 2) Restart the region.

Hi Marck

I tried it with and without "...", restarted the region(s) only or all 4
services (currently grid mode, but also happened when testing
standalone) - it doesnt make any change.

But I'm also not sure if the error is to be located in the regions.ini.
I currently load 17 regions, so the SYSTEMIP message should also turn up
17 times during startup, but it only shows once after all regions are
loaded at the end of the startup process right after "INFO  -
OpenSim.OpenSim [!]STARTUP COMPLETE", so it should be some server wide
setting somewhere ... or do I see that wrong?