[Opensim-users] SYSTEMIP and a repeated UseCircuitCode

FoTo50 info at foto50.com
Thu Jun 24 09:35:39 UTC 2010

Am 23.06.2010 12:51, schrieb Marck:
> FoTo50 wrote:

>>> Hi George,
>>>
>>> Did you actually do the following steps and still get the "Using
>>> xx.xx.xx.228" message?
>>>
>>> 1) In RegionConfig.ini (or Regions.ini if OpenSim automatically
>>> created the file), change the setting
>>> ExternalHostName = SYSTEMIP
>>> ExternalHostName = "xx.xx.xx.236"
>>>
>>> 2) Restart the region.
>>>

>> Hi Marck
>>
>> I tried it with and without "...", restarted the region(s) only or all 4
>> services (currently grid mode, but also happened when testing
>> standalone) - it doesnt make any change.
>>
>> But I'm also not sure if the error is to be located in the regions.ini.
>> I currently load 17 regions, so the SYSTEMIP message should also turn up
>> 17 times during startup, but it only shows once after all regions are
>> loaded at the end of the startup process right after "INFO -
>> OpenSim.OpenSim [!]STARTUP COMPLETE", so it should be some server wide
>> setting somewhere ... or do I see that wrong?
>
> Then I suspect that the settings in your RegionsConfig.ini are not the
> culprit. I also do not use "SYSTEMIP" in any of my region settings and
> still get that log message. I guess OpenSim is just telling you what
> address it *would* use, if you specified SYSTEMIP somewhere in your
> configuration.
>
> Have you double-checked that all IP addresses in your other
> configuration files use the correct  address (e.g. in the [Network]
> section of OpenSim.ini)?

Not just double-checked .... I already fell it like hundrets times ;)

With grep I found 3 more settings in 2 xml files (UserServer_Config.xml
and MessagingServer_Config.xml) that are probably written during the
initial setup process - I did never touch them before. But even changing
those values did not change anything.

I actually prefer rather to enter subdomains than fixed IP adresses
since changing those is easier than searching throug all the ini and xml
files.