[Opensim-users] Load Testing OpenSim

Dirk Krause dirk.krause at pixelpark.com
Tue Jun 22 16:56:13 UTC 2010

yes, this absolutely is one way to go.

we successfully experimented with
- ec2 linux instances sporting the hippo viewer
- streaming the hippo window output as a .flv source
- emulating keystrokes to the hippo viewer to move the avatar

all in all this makes a fully qualified client that hits the OpenSimulator as hard as a real client does, still it is scriptable in a limited way. and it would be perfectly scalable via the cloud.

-- Dirk