[Opensim-users] Load Testing OpenSim

Robert Klein rtkwebman at gmail.com
Tue Jun 22 15:10:50 UTC 2010

Yes it definitely is better to use automated bots due to resources required
for fully testing the load of an average server. Maybe the first step is
coming up with a common standard? Yes IBM tested 1000 avatars but based on
what standard? What exactly did that test show? What parts really were
tested? By coming up with a single standardized testing scheme and then
giving it a cool label we can really start to measure predictable server
performance. So, what are the top items we need to measure and can an
automated bot system/script/method be designed to collectively test those
items and come up with a single result?

-Robert