[Opensim-users] 0.6.8-post-fixes as standalone: Exception: System.Exception: No IAssetService available. [RESOLVED]

Ryan Tanay ryantanay at newevolution.org
Sun Jan 31 00:08:13 UTC 2010

Justin:

Actually I was working on upgrading from a quite old 0.6.3-post-fixes install, which actually seemed to be the problem.

I was following this automated update script which is woefully out of date to determine what files I needed to copy from 0.6.3 to 0.6.8: http://opensimulator.org/wiki/Automating_Tasks#Automate_Updates

Copying over OpenSim.addin.xml was causing all kinds of issues with the Wind functions (which I had disabled in the 0.6.8's OpenSim.ini to get around) and the IAssetService.

By using the default OpenSim.addin.xml from 0.6.8, copying the info from all my regions' XML fles into the new Regions.ini I was able to get the sim up and running.

As a side note, one REALLY weird glitch I noticed.  A few months ago I had tried to upgrade to 0.6.6 and forgotten to copy over my /Regions directory.  When I started the sim, all my regions were wiped and returned to the default tiny round islands.  I'd stupidly not backed up to an OAR, so started over from what I had in my inventory.

When I started up 0.6.8, all my regions were in the state they were before the wipe.  Made me pretty happy as I was able to save out an OAR before reloading my new OARs with the more recent work.  I recovered some really nice builds I thought I'd lost for good.  No idea why upgrading caused the regions to load "in the past" but hey, I'll take it =)

~Ryan