[Opensim-users] OpenSim.ini and Sloodle...?

John Mieske johnmieske at gmail.com
Sat Feb 27 00:03:04 UTC 2010

If your running OpenSim and have the logs still running you can open up the
log file "OpenSim.log" file in the Bin folder. If your under windows, MAKE
SURE you have file extensions turned on or you wont know which file it is
since they all have the same name.

Example :

OpenSim.exe and OpenSim.ini and OpenSim.log

Take away the extension ( Seeing Extension turn off ) then you wont know
which file your messing with. Its a problem with windows. It should NOT be a
default to HIDE extensions.

John

On Fri, Feb 26, 2010 at 6:55 PM, GMail-johnpat10 <johnpat10 at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi All...
>
> I've been attempting to get Sloodle to work with OpenSim. I have both
> OpenSim and Moodle configured on my desktop inside Sun/Oracle's VirtualBox.
> All sloodle components are installed with Moodle and on the OpenSim. I
> installed a sloodle.oar file. However, when I go to set up the connection to
> Moodle using the Sloodle object nothing happens. Originally I started with
> an older Sloodle Objects tool (different OAR file) and received and error in
> the script regarding the ";emailModule=DefaultEmailModule" and discovered
> that I needed to uncomment that in the OpenSim.ini and add my smtp settings.
>  I did that, however, there is a good chance I muggled the smtp settings
> up...I don't do email servers too often.
>
> My question is  a side from the terminal, is there a log file that gets
> generated in OpenSim that captures any errors? This might give me a clue as
> to what I'm doing wrong.
>
> Thank you!
>
> John Patten
> SUSD