[Opensim-users] Speaking of Content Theft, How About Our Own Backyard?

Karen Palen karen_palen at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 25 08:22:05 UTC 2010

I suppose once the fuss dies down some I should get a copy and try it out.

The avatar copy facility is (was?) in TestClient, and I think the latest version of the Linden Labs viewer has the avatar radar.

I find the radar to be very useful both to look for avatars/people I know and to explore an area - avatars tend to congregate in the interesting spots.

Apart from outright griefer tools (like sim freeze) I really don't see what else there might be in CryoLife.

Neil brags about being the only one to copy animations which could be useful if they were converted to a BVH file. I understand that the internal database representation is a BVH form and picking at my OpenSim database tends to confirm this. It is not in a form that can be output directly as a text file though.

Second Inventory promises to output BVH animations in their next release (whenever THAT finally happens :-( ), so it is not worth a lot of effort to do my own.

As much as anything I want the BVH files so I can make small changes to the actual animations that I use, things like different actions for the arms while walking or whatever.

Lots to explore still ...

Karen