[Opensim-users] Speaking of Content Theft, How About Our Own Backyard?

Len Brown lenwbrown at gmail.com
Thu Feb 25 07:14:47 UTC 2010

No, CryoGen just lets you right-click something and save it locally.

But one other feature it has (and others may, I do not know) is an "avatar
proximity scanner" that alerts me when other avatars are around.  I can then
"home in" on one and it will instantly whip me over next to the avatar.
Then with a few clicks I can replicate every part of the avatar until,
merely seconds later, I stand as an exact duplicate of the avatar I'm
standing next to, like an identical twin, including all attachments, prim
hair, etc.  Of course, in my inventory I am shown as the creater and owner
of the skin, hair, shape, etc of the avatar I've duplicated.

There are other features integrated into CryoGen that I've not even yet
messed with and generally don't anyway since my goal is not to steal other
peoples hard work, but to understand how the enemy functions.

As they say, the best way to battle the beast is to understand the beast.

- Len W. Brown
  lenwbrown at gmail.com
     http://www.lenfocenter.com