[Opensim-users] Opensim-users Digest, Vol 40, Issue 32

Willy Hegel willy at simteach.de
Tue Dec 21 05:45:33 UTC 2010

21 Dec 2010 11:00 Adam Farrugia wrote:

> Sorry, my intention was not to impose anything other than respecting the
> stated purpose of the list, which according to the official opensimulator
> wiki exists for the context of user support:
>
> http://opensimulator.org/wiki/Support
>
> It also states on this page:
>
> "If you aren't used to interacting with open source developers, we
> recommend reading this. At the very least you will be amused!"
>
> Below is that link:

Thanks for the pontificating. If you are not used to interacting with
people outside a small group of developers, I'd recommend to do some
reading on support standards, CRM and community building. I'm not sure, if
you realize, how patronizing and condescending your comments are. I'm on
usenet groups and mailing lists since the mid-eighties and you bet, I was
able to gather some information about the basic rules. But there's a little
more than those basic rules. To make it simple, it all boils down to one
word: respect. If I don't feel respected, I'm out. I'm unsubscribing, never
mind.

Not amused

willy