[Opensim-users] Opensim-users Digest, Vol 40, Issue 32

Kay McLennan mclennan.kay at gmail.com
Tue Dec 21 11:49:54 UTC 2010

21 Dec 2010 11:00 Adam Farrugia wrote:
> Sorry, my intention was not to impose anything other than respecting the
> stated purpose of the list, which according to the official opensimulator
> wiki exists for the context of user support:

and

21 Dec 2010 11:45 Willy Hegel wrote:
 > I'm not sure, if you realize, how patronizing and condenscending
> your comments are.

As a new educator member of this list, I was *not* offended by all of the
discussion on what is and what is not appropriate [topic-wise and
format-wise] for this list.  Rather, what concerns me is how to facilitate
the creation of the much needed second OS education applications list -- to
support our efforts to migrate from SL to OS and to preserve the community
from the [rapidly disolving] SLED list.  That is, although there is the
common thread of educational applications for virtual worlds, the education
community in virtual worlds is quite diverse with public, private, for
profit, non profit, for credit, for training, and more characteristics of
the members.  Accordingly, in order for a second list to be meaningful
and/or thrive, it has to be independent of any one characteristic or entity
(and this is where the OpenSimulator.org is needed).

Is it possible for a second Open Simulator list -- for the Open Simulator
educators to discuss virtual world applications (or an OSEdApps list) to be
created and hosted on the http://opensimulator.org site?

Thank you for considering the above,
Kay McLennan
School of Continuing Studies, Tulane University
http://www.tulane.edu/~kmclenna