[Opensim-users] Opensim-users Digest, Vol 40, Issue 30

Serendipity Seraph sseraph at me.com
Mon Dec 20 17:05:43 UTC 2010

On Dec 19, 2010, at 5:32 AM, Adam Farrugia wrote:

> Nobody is stopping anyone from starting their own opensim- educators list to pontificate in similar ways as currently happens in the equivalent SL list. The current "official" opensim lists (user and dev) are fundamentally no different in character to those of other open- source project lists and are fine as they are. It's great to see a critical mass of support developing for the opensim platform from the Edu sector and maybe now is the time to create a list specifically for educators to cater to your particular cultural norms rather than (however respectfully) impose yours on others when the prevailing one for this list  (essentially technical in nature- the dev list obviously more so than the users list) is perfectly acceptable.

I always assume a "users" list is just that, a list open for the interest, concerns, questions of all users of the project or whatever all participants are users of.     I don't see any reason to say or imply that stuff that is "edu" user specific doesn't belong here or to claim the list should only be about/for technical questions.  What am I missing?

> Now, back "on topic", are there any plans or thoughts to make Mumble part of opensim core in a similar way to freeswitch and vivox or will it stay as a third party module such as  the flotsam groups, ossearch and offline messaging modules?

Your idea of "on topic" anyway.   If this list is not a general opensim users list as the title implies then I believe there should be such a list.

- s