[Opensim-users] Behaviour of chatted secondlife:// link in Viewer 1.x and Viewer 2.x

Ai Austin ai.ai.austin at gmail.com
Wed Dec 15 10:30:41 UTC 2010

In most viewers and SL Viewer 1.23.5 if you chat a link such as

      secondlife://virtual.aiai.ed.ac.uk:8002:Vue-9000/

It is hyperlinked and can be used to jump about e.hg on the
hypergrid, and is useful way of getting back to a home grid (other
than your set home location if its out of range).  I sometimes have
my HG teleport objects set to chat this link to the user so its
available for return.

I note that on Viewer 2 this chatted link is not hyperlinked.  Anyone
know if there is something that works instead for Viewer 2 users?