[Opensim-users] NPC Module update

bodzette Coignet bodzettecoignet at gmail.com
Tue Dec 14 23:13:46 UTC 2010

After much wailing and gnashing of teeth we've made some (small) progress in
our port from 0.6.9 which we have working to 0.7 which doesn't even rezz an
NPC in the standard branch.

We have NPCs showing up in the scene object able to speak, appear and delete
themselves, our moveto code not ported from 0.6.9 yet.

Our main issue at the moment is the NPCs don't fully rezz, instead they just
stay as a cloud.
I think the problem is in what we get from passing the cloneappearancefrom
UUID to the scene.AvatarService.GetAvatar but don't understand that area too
well yet.

Another thing is that in the AgentCircuitData we pass to the scene to add an
NPC to the circuit, we haven't set the UUID for the inventory folder because
it's unknown (by us) how to get the UUID of the inventory folder from the
cloneappearancefrom UUID. This *may* be the key issue but still unclear.

Anyways, a small update.