[Opensim-users] How to move the gatekeeper service to it's own port?

Jeroen van Veen j.veenvan at gmail.com
Thu Dec 16 17:27:14 UTC 2010

Hi,

I was wondering whether it's possible to seperate the gatekeeper service from
the default port 8002 so it runs on it's own on say...port 8004. The reason i
want to do this, is that i'm hoping to restrict hypergrid access with
iptables. Anyone knows how to do this properly? i can run it on port 8004, but
then it fails to log me in properly from hypergrid, like:
08:22:58 - [GATEKEEPER SERVICE]: Unable to verify identity of agent test test.
Refusing service.

kind regards,

Jeroen