[Opensim-users] Unexpected internal address error: 192.168.x.x

Kevin Buckley kevin at buckley70.freeserve.co.uk
Wed Oct 21 17:51:55 UTC 2009

I often see this error on the console (this is from the logfile):

"2009-10-21 18:39:02,172 WARN  -
OpenSim.Region.ClientStack.LindenUDP.LLUDPServer [LLUDPSERVER]: Received a
StartPingCheck packet from an unrecognized source: 192.168.10.1:2855 in z16,
currently tracking 0 clients"

192.168.10.1 is the internal address of the router. Z16 is a region. Port
2855 means nothing to me!

I haven't specified this address anywhere - however, I noticed in the MySQL
database that table 'agents', field 'agentIP' has that address specified.

Any idea where that comes from or what it's for?  (and do I need to fix it?)

Thanks, Kevin