[Opensim-users] More 0.6.7 ... Re: Multiple regions using 0.6.7

Jabba Gruppman jabba at annuna.net
Fri Oct 16 09:07:08 UTC 2009

Thanks Justin for the help, I succeeded in getting up all four regions
now - but there are some more problems - and partial solutions - I want
to share...

All issues are based on release 0.6.7. I know very well that it's not
the latest rev and I will recheck all issues against an updated
installation with the latest rev later.

I am running a 64 bit Linux (Gentoo) and I have serious problems with
ODE.There still was a physical spiral object in one region making it
impossible to bring this one online with ODE. After starting with
basicphyisics and removing this object from the region, ODE did not
crash any more.

So my avie was online with bent knees...  Old problem and when I was
hopping through the hypergrid I learnt that my grid isnt the only one
with this problem. Somewhere I found the idea to enlarge the force to
use to keep the avatar standing up straight
"av_capsule_standup_tensor_linux = 1700000" - but this did not help.
Browsing the mantis another idea was to set "av_capsule_tilted = false"
which finally did the job - but leads to region crossing problems.
Anyways the avie is standing as usual but about 10 cm above the
ground...  I can live with it  ;-)   but region crossing still is an
issue as it is sometimes crashing the session due to this problem and
leaves the simulator in an unexeptable state. Relogging does not work -
session is crashing over and over again - but relogging using "Login at
home position" does the job.

I suspect the same error occured to the UCI 7000 gateway at
ucigrid04.nacs.uci.edu:9007 as this region always crashed my session
when trying to teleport to. Seems to be the same behaviour, at least
from user view. In this context it makes it impossible to tp to the region.

Next issue is the download of textures to the client viewer. Several
textures are only transferred in a lower resolution state meaning the
transfer is not finished and very often never will be. Browsing Mantis I
found some hints including a "maybe" broken jpeg module for 64 bit. The
error message
2009-10-16 01:50:07,476 WARN  - OpenMetaverse Last packet end in
JPEG2000 stream extends beyond the end of the file. filesize=70083
layerend=2147450879
2009-10-16 01:50:07,477 WARN  -
OpenSim.Region.CoreModules.Agent.TextureSender.J2KDecoderModule
[J2KDecoderModule]: JPEG2000 texture decoding failed for
7c1c3156-c8af-4400-8739-6cb68e12692e.   Is this a texture?  is it J2K?
is sometimes displayed - but there are far more textures left unfinished
as there are error messages regarding jpeg2000 decode errors. So my
guess is that this might be a different problem.

Anyways there seem to be more texture issues.
[WORLD MAP]: JPEG Map location:
http://88.198.35.20:9000/index.php?method=regionImage0470c5be5cdf4cdf87dcbc052efa1ebd
My region image is not loading and I get an error message:
2009-10-16 01:13:02,891 DEBUG -
OpenSim.Region.CoreModules.World.WorldMap.WorldMapModule [WORLD MAP]:
Sending map image jpeg
2009-10-16 01:13:02,894 WARN  -
OpenSim.Region.CoreModules.World.WorldMap.WorldMapModule [WORLD MAP]:
Unable to generate Map image
The server itself is responding so at least it is listing to the correct
port number and such. But it might be a typical 64 bit problem as well.

Grid details:
http://www.annuna.net/wiki/index.php/Annuna_Open_Grid

--

*Jabba Gruppman
Annuna Technologies* (former: Bicc-in-SL.com)

Need a custom streaming solution? Need a stable and reliable shoutcast
server?
Need some server system installed? We offer complete managed server
systems and
connect them to your personal Second Life business. Streaming and/or
databases.
Contact ANNUNA TECHNOLOGIES - send a message to Jabba Gruppman!