[Opensim-users] More 0.6.7 ... Re: Multiple regions using 0.6.7

Paul Fishwick fishwick at cise.ufl.edu
Fri Oct 16 13:56:04 UTC 2009

Jabba

   I am running 64 bit linux at work and had exactly the same two
problems that
you did.  The avatar problem was resolved with the default settings plus
changing
av_capsule_tilted = false. There was no other solution that worked - the
avatar's
legs were bent otherwise, or the avatar mesh intersected with the
terrain mesh. There
is still the occasional flailing of the avatar, which is something I
wish we could get rid
of, but we are just living with that:
http://www.cise.ufl.edu/~fishwick/swimming.png --
seems to be an in-between state where the avatar is neither flying nor
upright.

  As far as the textures, yes, there is something odd going on but a
recent fix was made to
transition to a library CSJ2K in 0.6.8.  You'll need to download the
bleeding edge
version, though, to take advantage of this. I am not sure if the
releases cover the
CSJ2K fix. You'll also see a huge # of warnings from CSJ2K in the
console (more
 than before with the older decoding approach), however, the
client-server interaction
regarding texture retrievals is much better. I am not sure if the new
library solves
all texture issues. There are one or two that never seem to fully
resolve regardless
of camera-focus/zooming or time waiting.  Make sure to "clear cache" in
the viewer before launching.

  Regarding region crossings, I have not had any issues, though. I am
using Standalone
with a 2x2 set of regions.

-p

--
Paul Fishwick, PhD
Professor and Director, Digital Arts and Sciences Programs
Email: fishwick at cise.ufl.edu
Phone: (352) 392-1414
Fax: (352) 392-1220
Web: http://www.cise.ufl.edu/~fishwick