[Opensim-users] Parcel Archiver?

Karen Palen karen_palen at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 21 07:16:30 UTC 2009

Just a thought, but with the economics of OpenSim being totally different from Second Life, I wonder if we will end up with hundreds of tiny parcels in each region?

It seems to me that there are several issues here concerning changes in parcel size/location between backup and restore as well as some ownership/covenant/zoning issues.

As I think about the problem I am not sure I (or anyone else) can fully articulate even the nature of those issues since they depend heavily on the direction that OpenSim development and implementation takes.

Just the same we do need to consider them as best we can lest we fall into some of the same traps as Second Life (content ownership, banking debacle, and gambling come to mind).

Karen