[Opensim-users] How to change a prim's texture

matan keret matan504 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 13 09:30:14 UTC 2009

I'm pretty new to OpenSim and Modrex, so I appologize if my questions sound
a bit silly.

I found that osSetDynamicTexture is pretty abstract. It uses a
"dynamicTexture updater" and keeps going deeper and deeper to no end.
Moreover it sets a url as a texture (or suppose to do that in the end) and I
need a regular image.
That's why i tried to use llSetTexture. I understood from the API that i
need to add the image to an asset, store it and then use llSetTexture, but
this doesn't work and I can't seem to find the reason.
Do I need to add it to the inventory as well?
Do I do something wrong with the image itself (wrong decoding perhaps)?

Thank you in advance,
  Matan